The Champion: 2013 Honda Civic
The Honda Civic has been Canada's highest selling passenger vehicle for the past 15 years. Clearly it's a popular vehicle, but what makes it so popular:
- Energetic, sleek aerodynamic appearance
- Comfortable interior with distinguished features and room to spare
- Upgradable 201 hp, 2.4 L engine
- Fuel efficiency ratings as low as 5.35 L/100km
The refreshed 2013 model of the Honda Civic is as comfortable and practical as it is sophisticated and refined. With only slight modifications to the previous year's model, Honda has equipped the 2013 Civic with suspension and steering upgrades that give the vehicle perkier and more sporty handling and stopping power.
You'd be hard pressed to find a Civic owner who doesn't absolutely love their car. Because of this, we've crowned the 2013 Honda Civic as our Champion... for now. There's still the matter of our Challenger.
The Challenger: 2013 Hyundai Elantra
The Hyundai Elantra is a fast rising star in the compact car market. The vehicle seems to gain in popularity and sales every year. It's clearly a popular car, so let's see why:
- Distinctive and assertive aerodynamic appearance
- Modern and ergonomic interior with 'driver-first' console and controls
- Small 148 HP, 1.8L engine
- Fuel efficiency rating of 8.4 L/100km
While the 2013 Hyundai Elantra does have some exciting features and makes a concerted effort to push the 2013 Honda Civic from its place at the top, the popularity and widespread consumer support of the Civic makes it the clear cut winner.
With over 40 years of engineering behind it, the 2013 Honda Civic sits at the top of the class as our Champion.